Apple iPhone 6 Explodes in Man Pocket Sustains Severe Burns | TechSilky.com

Apple iPhone 6 Explodes in Man Pocket Sustains Severe Burns


In a strange incident, a man in New South Wales, suffered serious burns when his Apple, iPhone 6 exploded in his back pocket while he was mountain biking, media reported on Tuesday. Gareth Clear, 36, from Bondi in Australia riding around Manly Dam in New South Wales on Sunday, when he fell off his bicycle and landed on his iPhone 6.

iPhone Explode

“A few seconds later, he noticed smoke and scorching heat, before hearing an explosion, as the phone had been just six months ignited, melting through his shorts pant and two layers of the skin on his upper right thigh, according to Daily Telegraph. Burned was so serious that he had to undergo surgery for skin grafting.

After the explosion, base of the phone looks like something from a chemical explosion and the upper part remains completely intact. Da-Wei Wang from the University of New South Wales was quoted as saying that it is not uncommon for lithium-ion batteries in mobile phones to overheat, catch fire and explode.

According to him, explosion was most likely caused by a combination of overheating and faulty design phone structure. However Apple spokesman declined to comment.

Related News:

Leave a Comment